West Bletchley Council currently has two Councillor vacancies, one in the Fairways Ward and one in the Castles Ward which it is looking to fill by co-option.
Applications are now invited for co-option to the vacant positions. To assist the Council in considering this matter candidates are asked to both confirm their eligibility for office and provide a written statement containing information about themselves and explaining why they wish to be considered for co-option.
To be eligible for office you will need to confirm that:
- You are over 18 years of age.
- You are either an elector or have over the last 12 months either resided, occupied land or premises or had your principal place of work in the locality or within 3 miles of it.
- Any bankruptcy judgements against you were discharged more than 5 years ago.
- You have not within the last 5 years been convicted of any offence with a sentence of 3 months or more imprisonment.
- Your name does not appear on the published list relating to corrupt or illegal practices.
Should you wish to be considered for this position then please contact:
Clerk to West Bletchley Council
221 Whaddon Way
Tel: 01908 648257